4th June 2018 - we are not currently making bookings for travel clinics. There is travel advice available at a variety of providers in our area if you search online. Alternatively contact the practice who can signpost you.
15minute travel appointment = £15-00
These travel vaccinations can be given by your GP practice under the NHS:
- hepatitis A vaccine (monovalent vaccine) -
- combined hepatitis A and typhoid vaccine
- combined tetanus, diphtheria and polio vaccine
You will need to pay privately for the following travel vaccinations:
- hepatitis B vaccine (monovalent vaccine and combination vaccine with hepatitis A - £40 per injection (course of 3)
- meningitis ACWY135 vaccine £50
- yellow fever vaccine £55 (NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE AT THE PRACTICE)
- Japanese B encephalitis vaccine £60
- tick-borne encephalitis vaccine £60
- rabies vaccine £40 per dose (3 doses)
You can buy the following malaria prevention medicines over the counter from a
community pharmacy. You don’t need a prescription.
- chloroquine with proguanil (Avloclor/Paludrine ®)
- atovaquone with proguanil (Maloff Protect ®)
You will need to pay privately for the following malaria prevention medicines:
Private prescription = £10.00 – please note this is an administration cost only, you will be charged for the medication at the pharmacy.
- atovaquone with proguanil hydrochloride (Malarone ®, Mafamoz ®, Reprapog ®)