To ensure you see the most up-to-date information, please visit www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I THINK I HAVE THE CORONAVIRUS?
Do NOT attend your GP practice, hospital or pharmacy. Self-isolate at home immediately and remain isolated for 7 days only if you have any of the below symptoms:
- A high temperature
- A new continuous cough
If you have these symptoms, however mild, stay at home and do not leave the house for 7 days from when your symptoms started. You do not need to contact NHS 111 to tell them that you're staying at home. Please find official NHS guidance on self-isolation and staying at home HERE.
- You feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- Your condition gets worse
- Your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
ONLY CALL 111 IF YOU CANNOT GET HELP ONLINE.
Please expect a significant delay in answering times as a result of the volume of calls currently being received.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT CORONAVIRUS TESTING IS NOT NEEDED FOR MOST PEOPLE AND IS NOT AVAILABLE VIA THE PRACTICE.
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
- Wash your hands with soap and water often - do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissues or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean